I you’re among users that are facing a black screen while browsing in Mozilla Firefox then don’t worry since it is caused by a bug inside the recent update of Firefox. Mozilla recently explained the reason for the black screen issue that is caused by a new feature cancelled Main Thread Compositing (OMTC). This selection will enable video and animations to accomplish smoothly over short periods of blocking.
The problem in some instances can be caused because of old or corrupted graphic card drivers, hardware acceleration in Firefox etc. So without wasting at any time let’s learn how to solve Firefox Black Screen Problem with the assistance of below-listed troubleshooting guide.
How To Fix Firefox Black Screen Issue
Before continuing, ensure that your completely clear browsing data. Also, make a restore point in the event that something goes completely wrong.
Method 1 : Disable Hardware Acceleration
- Open Firefox then type “about:preferences” (without quotes) inside the address bar thus hitting Enter.
- Scroll right down to performance then uncheck “Use suggested performance settings“.
- Below performance uncheck “Use hardware acceleration once available“.
- Close Firefox and reboot your computer.
Method 2: Start Firefox in Safe Mode
- Open Mozilla Firefox then for the top right corner click three lines.
- Through the menu just click Help and next click “Restart with Add-ons Disabled“.
- Around the pop-up just click Restart.
- When the Firefox restart it can request you to either Start in Safe Mode or Refresh Firefox.
- Click Start in Safe Mode and find out if you’re allowed to Fix Firefox Black Screen Issue.
Method 3: Update Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox then through the top right corner click three lines.
- Through the menu click Help > About Firefox.
- Firefox will automatically check for updates and can download updates if available.
- Restart your computer saving changes.
Method 4: Disable Firefox Extensions
- Open Firefox then type “About:addons” (without quotes) inside the address bar thus hitting Enter.
- Disable all Extensions by clicking Disable near to each extension.
- Restart Firefox and next enable one extension at one time to obtain the culprit that is causing this entire issue.
- Remove those particular Extensions and reboot your personal computer.
That’s it you’ve successfully Fix Firefox Black Screen Issue however if you still need queries about this article then you may want to question them inside the comment’s section. Thank you for visiting our website.