Fix Microsoft Edge Opens Multiple Windows: Users are reporting a weird problem with Microsoft Edge that is once you start Edge it opens multiple Windows, so you will have close that many windows except you can’t close a final Windows along with nothing else choice broke up with you must Task Manage to stop problem for one more Edge window. Some people can be reporting that Microsoft edge not alone opens multiple instances and also multiple tabs. Even when restarting the computer appears to temporarily fix this problem but it’s just not a permanent fix while then problem again is available after several hours.
More problems with Edge opening multiple instances or windows can it be takes well over 50% of this system resources while you to manually close the many open Edge windows using Task Manager which accurately takes forever. By trying to manually close the many open Edge Windows using Task Manager which accurately takes forever. By trying to manually close all of the open installments of Microsoft Edge you won’t be capable of do this given that the close button would not close the Edge. So without wasting every time let’s learn how to very much Fix Microsoft Edge Opens Multiple Windows problem with the below-listed troubleshooting guide.
Fix Microsoft Edge Opens Multiple Windows
- How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
- How to Reset Microsoft Edge to Default Settings
- How to Remove Fake Virus Warning from Microsoft Edge
- How to Disable Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Notification
Method 1: Remove Edge Browsing History, Cookies, Data, Cache
1. Open Microsoft Edge then select the 3 dots from the upper right corner and select Settings.
2. Scroll down until you find “Clear browsing data” the just click Choose things to clear button.
3. Select everything and click on the Clear button.
4. Wait for a browser to remove all of the data and Restart Edge. Clearing browser’s cache appears to Fix Microsoft Edge Opens Multiple Windows in case this method hasn’t been helpful then try another one.
Method 2: Reset Microsoft Edge
1. Press Windows Key + R then type msconfig and hit Enter to open up System Configuration.
2. Change to boot tab and look mark Safe Boot option.
3. Click Apply combined with OK.
4. Restart your computer and system will boot into Safe Mode automatically.
5. Press Windows Key + R then type %localappdata% thus hitting Enter.
6. Double just click Packages then click Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe.
7. You can also directly browse on the above location by pressing Windows Key + R then type the subsequent and hit Enter:
8. Delete Everything inside this folder.
Note: Should you get a Folder Access Denied error, just click Continue. Right-click within the Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe folder and uncheck the Read-only option. Click Apply combined with OK and again check if you’re ready to delete this article in this folder.
9. Press Windows Key + Q then type PowerShell then right-click on Windows PowerShell and choose Run as Administrator.
10. Type the next command and hit Enter.
11. This may re-install Microsoft Edge browser. Reboot the pc normally if ever the problem is resolved or otherwise.
12. Once again open System Configuration and uncheck Safe Boot option.
13. Reboot your computer just to save changes to check out if you’re ready to Fix Microsoft Edge Opens Multiple Windows issue.
Method 3: Perform a Clean Boot
Sometimes Third party software can conflict with Microsoft Edge and for that reason, Microsoft Edge opens multiple installments of itself. To be able Fix Microsoft Edge opens multiple windows issue, you should perform clean boot within your PC and diagnose the problem step-by-step.
Method 4: Configure Microsoft Edge to start into a specific website
1. Open Microsoft Edge and click on the 3 dots within the upper right corner.
2. Scroll right down to bottom and then click Settings.
3. Now from your Open Microsoft Edge with dropdown select “A specific page or pages.”
4. Type the complete website link, as an example, https://google.com under Enter a URL.
5. Click Save then Close Edge and reboot your computer.
Method 5: Run CCleaner and Malwarebytes
2. Run Malwarebytes and allow it scan your system for harmful files.
3. If malware is available it’ll automatically take them of.
4. Now run CCleaner along with the “Cleaner” section, within the Windows tab, we recommend examining the following selections to get cleaned:
5. Once you’ve ascertained the best points are checked, just click Run Cleaner, and let CCleaner run its course.
6. Top clean up your system further choose the Registry tab and make sure the following are checked:
7. Select Scan for Issue and enable CCleaner to scan, then click Fix Selected Issues.
8. While CCleaner requests “Do you will require backup changes in your registry?” choose Yes.
9. When your backup has completed, select Fix All Selected Issues.
10. Restart your computer just to save changes.
That’s it you’ve got successfully Fix Microsoft Edge Opens Multiple Windows issue however if you still need any inquiries with this guide the go ahead and question them from the comment’s section.